Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

The I'coo Stroller review, updated 2014




I feel this post is extremely appropriate considering that the longevity of use with my stroller. I started with a Safety 1st Aero Travel system, which was too bulky for me. I hated it and started immediately using a baby trend snap and go ; When we grew out of that (Needing to sit in the stroller instead of the infant seat) we tried numerous Joggers, umbrella strollers and pretty much everything under the sun. I did baby wear, but for long trips, it was just not feasible.

I was wandering around Slickdeals.com one day and read that the 2011 I'coo Pacific stroller was going on sale because the "new 2012" was coming out..... I was confused first because, who the heck knew there were years on strollers.... I do not even care about the year on my cars! Then I started researching. The stroller was still 199.00, but a quick look told me this was still cheaper then anything comparable.

After a week of research and back and forth, I bit the bullet, spent the 199.00 and bought the stroller. It came super quick and I was ecstatic to try it. It was simple to put together too. a couple snaps, out of the box and we were in business!
This was one of my only personal purchases since I had my son in June of 2011 and I can not imagine life without it. At 3, we are still using it at Disney World and for long walks. In fact, this week, I had family staying with me, and their 4 month old has been using it!

The I'coo Pacific has two large rear wheels and two smaller front wheels. It is not meant for jogging, but I have never had a problem with the terrain and we have gone through sand, grass, up and down hills and on regular roads. We have used this in NYC and in Florida on the beach.

While the switchable front to back facing is an awesome thing, the best feature is by far that the bassinet to stroller without changing out the actual cot. With a couple snaps and pulls you have a completely comfortable basinett that your child can sleep in while out and about or even on vacation instead of a hotel rolling crib.
When my son was young, he has a breathing problem and he needed to be on an incline when sleeping- while we had the rock and play, this allowed him to be a bit higher and was perfect!! he spent many a night sleeping in this stroller, laying down in the bassinet!! 

When sitting in the regular seat, baby can curl his feet up, or let them hang on to the foot rest, he can lay straight back or he is sit straight up- the options are really endless! 

The seat itself is also adjustable. It goes up and can give you more basket space (and be used a highchair while out and about) or it can be lower- which I never use that way.

Other pros: Large canopy, 5 point harness, foot muff, rain guar included. Adjustable handle.

Here are some pictures of how the stroller looks when in use in varying stages:

Bassinet, low setting, rear facing.
Low setting, regular seat, foot rest up







**I have not been  compensated in any way for my review of this        product **

No comments:

Post a Comment