Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

review of ibid2save.com ; Penny Auctions

Okay, I Do not know why I did not think of doing this before; But I will review the penny auction sites I use. Im not obsessed, and I have not 'struck it rich' enough to really LOVE this craze. But I am happy enough to report what I have used and my likes and dislikes.
With that being said:

Here is my review of :   Ibid2Save.com

I did this one, because you can get around 150 free bids to play with upon signing up and doing  a couple things: Like them on facebook, Download a toolbar and just sign up.

With that, I had 150 free bids, and I decided to play with the site.


I am an instant gratification type person, so I only mess with the "ending" bids, which means if it ends in the next two minutes, it will be on this list. Now if you are at all familiar with penny auction sites, you will know this: There is no such thing as an auction ending when it is supposed to. When the bidding war starts going, they add around 20 seconds to the time. So if you bid at 1 second left, you will add between 10-20 seconds to the clock and give anyone time to bid as well. This is probably why I only go to ending soon auctions, because nothing really happens until under 5 seconds!

Once you zero in on something you want, you HAVE to be aware of some things on this site:

1. There is a shipping fee- This is normal, and it ranges from around .99 to 10.00
2. There is an auction fee. MANY MANY sites do NOT charge this. Its bogus, I hate it, but you have to weigh the options here. sometimes it makes sense. It will never be below 4.99 and it is around 10% otherwise. Now here is where it gets tricky! Its is 10% of "their" purchase price. Which means, if they say those earbuds are $60.00, then you are paying 6.00 on those just in auction fees, plus around 2.00 in shipping, then whatever you win the bid for (usually pennies) - If you bought any bids, count that at around .60cents
So for those earbuds, lets say it sold for .30 and you bid three times; That is $2.10 + the auction fee plus shipping = $10.10, That is not a good deal. In FACT, its actually more of a rip off. - With THAT being said, there is NO WAY they can make things up for gift cards (although watch gift cards that have big promo bids with it, these up those costs)
You buy a 100.00 gift card - Shipping is 2.00, auction fee is 10.00, the auction closes for 14.00 and the bids you used were 15 = 35.00 total on this gift card; Good Deal.
3. You can always see what the fees are going to be BEFORE bidding. Click on the ITEM (not the bid button) - Scroll down, it will tell you auction fee, shipping fee, etc
4. You can set "auto bids" but you can only do it for one item at a time.

The site is pretty easy to navigate, and if your patient, its pretty easy to win- But you MUST beware on this site for the auction fee. Because of this; I do not like this site very much!

Good Luck, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment