Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Mickey Mouse 1st Birthday Party

One of my favorite things to do is plan a party, but Ill admit, I was a novice when I set out to plan my son's 1st Birthday in June. I started planning everything out around March and was so excited when I picked the theme, Mickey Mouse! I wanted the classic "ear silhouette" -

Since I was expecting 60 people, first was to decide on the food. I decided on a hot dog cart, and thanks to the "HOT DOG SONG" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, this was right on track with the theme. Unfortunately, 15 hours before the party, my vendor cancelled on me, and we were stuck with not having this- I'm still bitter about that, but eh' it is what it is.

Next was PARTY HATS! I decided that we would make Mickey ears. Since I needed 60, I opted to make them, instead of buy them.These were the most tedious to make, but luckily my husband sat there and cut out the 120 circles I made. I used a template I made for the circles, printed on black paper, and they worked perfectly. It took about 30 of them to remember that these do not need to be perfect, and I started not stressing over every circle.

Decorations were the next thing, and I wanted something different. I decided on 1. Lawn Signs for the walk way to the house and 2. Mickey topiaries 3. Mickey banner and highchair wrap 4. Handmade mickey invitations

We opted out of games with such young kids, and instead opted to turn our backyard in to a kids playground. One of Elliot's gifts was a Bounce house. Maximum weight 180lb. Another one of his gifts was a Kid's pool and splash center. His birthday was the week prior to the party, so we were able to use his Birthday gifts at the party, and it was a great time for all the kids. 

At the end of the day, some things turned out exactly opposite as I had planned, and I would like to think next year, Ill have a better handle and parties will only get better each year after that. I do not have some pictures of the things that I loved, Like Mickey sandwiches and Mine and my husbands complete "minnie and mickey themed outfits" - But my son was happy, so it was a success.

Most of the items are also available in my Etsy Store. I did Include a tutorial here of the topiaries. 

Here are some pictures...

The bounce house turned ballpit mid way through.

Cake *With one of the Ears and topiaries on the table- and beside that- you can see the goodie bags.

Now you got the hang of it!
Not so sure about the cake, Huh Buddy?

My dad was less impressed with the Mickey Ears
Lawn signs lining the walkway



Birthday Banner (there were 5)




No comments:

Post a Comment