Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rock Star Party - 40 People Under $80.00

My son got a guitar for Christmas and decided he was now a Rock Star. For his 4th birthday he insisted on Rock star theme so we went ahead and ran with it. Off the bat I decided that the favors were going to be guitar backpacks. My hubby immediately said it was excessive but I was not hearing of it. I contacted different people in China and got to negotiating. While the investment was larger than I would have liked to spend, it was because I ordered an extra 20 backpacks so that I could sell them on Ebay and make back my money.

Favors, Guitar backpack - $$Money maker$$ MADE $69.00
The children loved them, they were a big hit and once I gave them to them, they were thrilled to wear them for the rest of the party.
Total, I paid $211.00 on ordering 40 backpacks from China, this included shipping. This came out to $5.27 each backpack. However, I had only 12 kids show up and I sold the other 28 backpacks for $10.00 each online, so I actually MADE MONEY on the favors. If you plan well, this is possible. I usually will buy more than I need or make more than I need (See lego party and I did the same thing) and sell the rest. It lowers the total of your whole party.

Food- total $60.00
I ordered roast chicken from a local supermarket and used a $10.00 off $50.00 coupon and a $5 off of $25.00 The total for the food and drinks came to be $60.00 using BOGO and coupons (I did not use many because I wanted to purchase everything at once) The chicken was already cut into 8 pieces and I bought 8 chickens total. I made Mac & Cheese myself and I made 3 trays. The rest of the menu was chips and carrots and celery. We provided water, juice and sodas.

Cake total - $26.00, I bought a quarter cake at the local Publix

Invitations- total - $5.00 - I make them myself every year and I print them.
Printed at CVS during their .10 print sale on regular 4x6 - ordered 30, total $3.00 I hand delivered all but 5 through school and family , so another $3.00 on stamps and I had the envelopes
I took this adorable picture of our son at 9pm (You can not see his jammies under his outfit, but it is there!) Turns out if you pull your kid from bed when they are wanting to stall sleepy time, you will get amazing pictures! He was so grateful to be out of bed after bedtime that he smiled and posed with no issues and happily went back in his room after.

Entertainment- total - 0.00
The bounce house and Balloon twister were even a surprise to me. Since we hosted it at my parents pool, they did this as his present. Truth be told, the balloon twister was not a big hit and neither was the bounce house- the pool was free and the main entertainment, the rest was a gift so I will mark that as 0.00

Tableware - total (estimated) $5.00 for this party
I keep many things like cloth tablecloths, cups and silverware (plastic) on hand and buy them in bulk when on sale. for his 2nd birthday I bought 1000 of everything (silverware, plastic plates, cups etc), and split the cost with another family. I am still using those items and probably will be until next year. I have used them for 5 parties so far. The tablecloth have been used for all 5 parties as well and I got them on clearance for 2.00 each.

"Other" decor and fun stuff - $32.50
We bought rockstar candy, sunglasses and rockstar rubber duckies during oriental trading sales. Our total was $16.00 We also bought a pinata on clearance for $5.50 and the bag of candy was $7.99 but I had a $3.00 off coupon, so a total of around $5.00. The dollar tree also had some real mini guitars and I snagged around 6 of them - I used two as cake toppers and the rest I put out for the kids to play with.


Outfits- 0.00
My son wore a shirt he already owned and I put a "4" on it with my embroidery. My husband wore a shirt he already owned that said Security (we bought for another party) and I wore a tank that said "crew" and I made it with a shirt I owned and letters I had to iron on.

Misc- $20.00
Misc is going to include things like Ice and other such forgotten things which is usually pretty low since I am obsessed with my lists


Total for this party which was a pretty big success was $79.50

We had around 40 people total that ate and were fed.

I did not make alot of things for this party due to some family/health issues for the beginning part of the year. I did not even make centerpieces which I usually do.



No comments:

Post a Comment