Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Review of Amazon Mechanical Turk

*******THIS IS AN UPDATE ON A 2013 POST, PLEASE READ TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE UPDATES******


When I started looking for "new" ways to complete my challenge this year, one of the things I was interested in was finding things that were "different" - I liked the review sites, even the shop to earn sites were great, but   as a person who loves a challenge, I wanted to find maybe some of the more simple and legit "work from home" options that allowed small amounts of time.

That is where I came across Amazon's Mechanical Turk. As usual, I read my fair share of reviews on this, just to make sure it was legit and the reviews were mixed. Yes is was legit, but people were otherwise unhappy with the amount earned.
I decided to go ahead and give it a try, with low expectations, I figured I could at least try it out for the sake of writing a review.

First of all, there are important things to understand; You will not get rich off this. It will not replace an income, but it is a nice thing to do for pocket change. It is important to look at how much work is involved and how much it pays. My favorite thing to do it Data Entry on there. It only pays about .02 each, but it only takes me around 1 minute or under to enter each one. It is usually a business card, scanned in, and need to enter name, title, company name, address and phone numbers in the specific fields.

In just about 5 days of working on it, I have made around $12.00. I did make two "larger amounts" off  a 500 word article. - Those paid $5.40, and another 300 word article was $2.40. Keep in mind, you will need to have your work approved, but if you follow directions, there is really no reason not to have it approved!

I am the type of person that would rather steadily have .02 for work that I know will get approved, then put alot of effort in to a 10.00 project, numerous hours, and have it rejected.
Many people scoffed- Called it slavery pay (their words not mine) I do not agree- Here I am at my desk today at work. It is a slow day,, Im going to watch a youtube, listen to music or do something else that will be mindless, why can't I make some cash (okay, let us be serious, you know I AM NOT ACTUALLY doing any of those things, I am off earning money on one of the many sites - but you get the drift)

Overall, I think this is a great way to get some extra cash, and since the Opportunities are endless, you really do not have anything to lose.

There are a couple sites like Mechanical Turk, which I will review later, but what I am talking about here is specifically Amazon Turk. 

*****2014 update**** In a little over a year, I have made a couple hundred dollars putting in minimal amounts of time on this site.
I have received bonus pay, small pay and large pay for different types of work. Some have been fun and some have been boring, but they have all paid. Out of the items I have done on Mturk, I have had two rejected and only ONE of those was what I felt "unfair" - Overall, I really enjoy using extra time on this. I took off about 7 months total based on my estimations.

No comments:

Post a Comment