Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

That shelf elf makes me a horrible parent..

Elf on the shelf has made me a terrible mother! Okay, maybe not elf on the shelf itself, but the let me just say this, the idea of elf on the shelf makes me roll my eyes and laugh...... and then I feel like a bad mother, because every other person says "STOP THAT, ITS SUCH A WONDERFUL MEMORY FOR CHILDREN, ITS TRADITIONAL STUFF, YOU CAN PASS IT DOWN" BLah BlAH bLAH!! I start my list of arguments:

It's silly
It's a gimmick
It's expensive
If I HAVE to do it, can't I start a "Mickey on the shelf" We like Mickey better then any elf in my house.
What is wrong with all the traditions I grew up with, Im italian, I have plenty to hand down.
I'm not that clever
Who has time
 ......and the list goes on

So that pretty much settles it, after christmas this year, Ill be on the hunt for an elf on the shelf. I just want it to be noted that im going down kickin' and screamin'! This trend is about to get out of hand. Ebay has things such as DIFFERENT OUTFITS FOR THE ELF ON THE SHELF, ornaments of the elf on the shelf, "notecards" for the elf on the shelf. This madness will not end - But I promise, Ill never buy a elf on the shelf dream house, I do not care how much of a tradition it is!








Please tell me that someone, somewhere feels the same way I do?

With that being said, I know I will spend way too much time researching amazing ideas for this little guy so I can be the most awesome next year, when I am making up for lost time!


No comments:

Post a Comment