Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

my review of halfoff.com

My Review of halfoff.com

Where do I start? Mostly I write about things I like, and things I use, but in this case, I have been folloowing closely this website to see "what its all about" and here is what I have found: STAY AWAY!

First of all, the concept, is obviously not new. Livingsocial.com and Groupon.com have been doing it and its been wonderful. I use them for everything. But after using halfoff.com once or twice, you will learn your lesson. First of all, it seems like there is a mountain of deals. Look closely, you might find ONE.

BEWARE OF TIMESHARES- you think the hotel and vacation deals are good? or even that tablet for $19.00 ? Yah, its a timeshare. Read "restrictions" it will tell you that a presentation is required. BEWARE of anything that says "must be 25" or "must be married" or "no full time students"  - read closely. Its not that i'm saying timeshares are bad... If you like em' - great - but here is the thing, THIS IS NOT A DEAL... AND ITS NOT HALF OFF... you can call almost ANY company that does timeshares and you will GET THIS SAME DEAL!!!!!!  And truth be told- my husband used to work for a place that booked time shares- you paid a deposit, you got it back. Everyone who was booking KNEW the drill- and everyone also knew this--- there is always more free stuff to be had- call the company directly, Wyndham, hilton, marriot etc, and when they offer you 2 nights , you tell them nope, not worth it, when they say 3, you say "Well food will cost a fortune" - You will wind up with most of your breakfasts covered and probably even a good show if your in a place like vegas or Orlando. 

Where are the deals? - So you HAVE to know your pricing if your going to shop here (although, I advise you dont) - For example, the earbuds they have right now, NFL -  a "steal" at 15.00, right? Wrong again... here is amazon's listings for under 10 bucks or so..

Electric Soup a chef mixer- Listed at 89.50 on "halfoff.com" - but here it is on another website for 84.99

and this one is ....... 29.99

As you can see, this company gets absolutely NO LOVE from me - but I would love to hear if any of your have had good luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment