Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dear Munchkin....

Dear My sweet baby boy:

Tonight you were a terror! No I mean that - You kicked and screamed your way through Yom Kippur Dinner and people looked at me with that "Been there" Look as you cried any time I got up to grab one of the 2 or 3 morsels of food I ate. You are becoming my best portion control at Holidays, as I am usually too busy to even eat, with chasing you around and trying to wrangle you in to eat something! (But do it on Christmas Eve dinner which is my favorite and I promise I wont be as amused!)
With that aside, I love that you want me around, but lets be honest, your one of the most independant souls I know. Constantly running off with your favorite teachers or friends the minute we get to daycare. Daddy and I are lucky if we get a kiss blown our way as you race off our hands and into someone else's. I always feel a mix of pain and pride in the morning when that happens, but I know you are growing in to your own little person! Some days its hard to remember to keep my cool and relish these days, even the ones I want to pull my hair out- but Im trying. This parenting thing is as new to me as this "living" thing is to you- except I have a bit more on my shoulders, with making sure you are safe and fed and most of all HAPPY. So here I am, writing an open letter to myse---err--- you, reminding me to channel my inner patient momma during these times and just smile... these moments wont last forever, and as the country song tells me - I am going to miss this!

Love,
Your Momma


About 4 months ago, my little man and I

No comments:

Post a Comment